Translate

Visit to www.mrmcse.com

05 March 2018

Draw the block diagram of an I/O module and explain its operations



Block Diagram of an I/O Module 

Figure provides a general block diagram of an I/O module. The module connects to the rest of the computer through a set of signal lines (e.g. system bus lines). Data transferred to and from the module are buffered in one or more data registers. There may also be one or more status registers that provide current status information. A status register may also function as a control register, to accept detailed control information from the processor. The logic within the module interacts with the processor via a set of control lines. Each I/O module has a unique address or, if it controls more than one external device, a unique set of addresses. Finally, the I/O module contains logic specific to the interface with each device that it controls. An I/O module functions to allow the processor to view a wide range of devices in a simple minded way.






No comments:

Post a Comment